Grilled Zucchini Poppers
•1 grilled green zucchini, thinly sliced brushed with olive oil, aged balsamic and salt and pepper
•1 red pepper julienne, raw
•1 bunch of arugula or greens
•5 Oz goat cheese*
•1 Oz sour cream*
•1/2 Teaspoon of basil pesto
•Lemon Thyme or Balsamic vinaigrette
*You can substitute the goat cheese and sour cream in this recipe with 6oz. of riccotta cheese.
1. Lightly grill zucchini. On a sheet of plastic wrap lay out zucchini strips.
2. Mix goat cheese and sour cream with pesto and spread a thin layer on top zucchini strips.
3. Lay the peppers and a pinch of greens on the end of the strip and roll it up in plastic wrap.
4. Refrigerate for up to two hours.
5. To serve, slice into 1/4 inch pieces and drizzled top with vinaigrette.
This recipe is from Andrea Correale and Celebrations.