Friday, March 11, 2011

A Devastated Japan: Sending Heartfelt Thoughts, Prayers, and Hope

When I turned on the news this morning to check the local weather my heart sank at the devastating news of the earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan. How horrible. I have a dear friend that is originally from Japan and still has all of her immediate family living there. I instantly began to think of her (and them) and couldn't imagine what she and so many other families must be feeling. I know that I would feel panic, desperation, terror, and sadness. This afternoon I learned that her family and friends are all safe. Thank goodness. My heart breaks for those that were not as fortunate and for their families.

In times like these, it is so important for us to come together and support those who need our help. The American Red Cross "stands ready and willing to assist following a magnitude 8.9 earthquake in Japan and the resulting tsunami that affected other countries in the Pacific region". If you would like to help you can go to www.redcross.org and donate to Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami or you can also text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation to help those affected by the earthquake in Japan and tsunami throughout the Pacific.



Praying that tomorrow will be a brighter day...

No comments:

Post a Comment