So cute, right? I decided that these would be a great accessory for this year's Easter party that I am planning but I really didn't want to spend $49 on a yard sign. So, I decided to make my own.
Here's what you will need:
- 1 Painter's Canvas (I used an 8 x 10 just because that is what I had at home)
- Assorted Paint colors
- Paint brushes
- 1 Wooden Stake
- Staple Gun
- Assorted Stencils if desired
Instructions: Be creative and have fun! Let go of your fear of "messing" up. Unless you are artistically gifted in drawing/painting (I am NOT), it probably won't be "perfect". If you want perfect, pay $49 for the Pottery Barn Kids version. This would also be a fun craft for you kids to help out with.
- I began by painting the entire canvas light blue. I did coats, allowing each to dry about 15 minutes in between.
- I just painted everything by hand. If you want, you can purchase stencils to guide you and the end result may look a little less crafty ;)
- Once my sign was complete, I used a staple gun to attach the painted canvas to the wooden stake.
The entire project took me under 1 hour to complete and cost next to nothing (I think about $4 total!). These painted canvasas are great for birthday parties and other holidays as well. Be creative and have fun!