Wednesday, June 22, 2011

{DIY} An Outdoor Dining Oasis

If this image doesn't put you in the mood for an outdoor summer party, nothing will! When I came across this photograph from the archives of Decor Amor I immediately fell in love and wanted to re-create this Outdoor Dining Oasis.


Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think that a re-creation would really be quite simple. Here is my DIY plan for the GORGEOUS outdoor canopy and dining set-up that is making me want to plan an outdoor party of my own right now!

Supplies:
- 4 PVC poles or metal poles
- fabric of your choice (you could use a tablecloth, sheet, or cut fabric)
- streamers
- table and chairs (or whatever you have on hand. Be creative!)
- colorful table settings, pillows, accessories

Directions:
- Secure 4 poles into the ground. Attach fabric to each end of the pole, draping to resemble a canopy. Add colorful streamers, fabric, bows, etc. to the canopy. Fill your dining area with a table and chairs/benches, pillows, flowers, and colorful accessories. Food and drinks wouldn't hurt either!

Once I actually put my plan to the test, I will follow up with DIY feedback. If you try it out for yourself in the meantime, let me know how it turns out.

2 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [23 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and peaceful looking!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete