Pretty cute, right? My kids were excited to run around, waving them in the air and the 4th isn't even here yet! These July 4th "Sparklers" are extremely easy to re-create and a handful can be made for less than $10! Here's what you need to get started:
- Wooden dial rods (1 for each sparkler that you want to create)
- Patriotic wire garland ( I purchased mine for $1.49 at my local craft store)
- Decorative ribbon of your choice
- Hot glue gun
1. Glue one end of ribbon to one end of the dial rod. Wrap ribbon around the entire length of the rod and glue the finishing end in place. Cut off excess ribbon.
2. Cut 5 strips of wire garland, each measuring about 7 inches long. Hot glue one end of each piece of garland to the top portion of your rod, trying to space them around the rod evenly.
3. Play around with garland pieces to make them resemble a fiery sparkler. I twisted some of my pieces around my finger for a spiral effect. Next, pass the "sparklers" out, sit back, relax, and enjoy the 4th!