These Butterbeer Jelly Shots may be coming along to join in the New Year's Eve festivities this year. Aren't they beautiful and festive!
These jelly shots are beautiful cut into simple cubes, with rainbow sugar on top, for a little sparkle. (Make sure to add the sugar just before serving – it’s a beautiful garnish, but melts quickly!) Or mount the cubes onto lollipop-style sticks for some added fun. Either way, these buttery-flavored jelly shots will be the hit of your New Year's Eve festivities! Here is the recipe from tablespoon.com:
Butterbeer Jelly Shots
- 1 cup creme soda
- 2 envelopes plain gelatin
- 1/3 cup vanilla vodka
- 2/3 cup butterscotch schnapps
- colored large crystal sugar, for garnish, if desired
- Pour soda in a medium saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to soak for a minute or two.
- 2eat over low heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin is dissolved (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Stir in the vodka and schnapps.
- Pour into standard loaf pan (non-reactive metal or glass, approx. 9" x 5"). Refrigerate until fully set (about 3 hours).
- To serve, cut into desired shapes.
- Immediately before serving, dip in colored crystal sugar, for garnish, if desired.
** For a kid-friendly version, gell 2 cups of cream soda with a tablespoon or so of butterscotch syrup with 2 envelopes of plain gelatin. **