The Thanksgiving countdown is on. Only 9 more days until Turkey Day. Are you ready? Over the next couple of days I will be sharing some easy, last minute Thanksgiving decorating, crafting, and food ideas to help put the finishing touches on your Thanksgiving celebrations.
Today I am featuring these Easy Acorn Cookies that I made with the help of my master chefs, Charlotte, 2 and Wyatt, 5. They are super easy to put together, require no cooking, and the kiddos will love helping out.
Here is what you will need:
- Hershey's Kisses
- Mini Chocolate Morsels
- Nutter Butter Cookie Bites (Mini Nilla Wafers will also work)
Assembly is easy and fun:
1. If using the Nutter Butter Bites, take the sandwich cookies apart and remove the peanut butter filling. Place textured side down on a cookie sheet. If using Mini Nilla Wafers, place on cookie sheet with the flat side up.
2. Melt a small bowl of Mini Chocolate Morsels. Place a small amount of melted chocolate onto the bottom of a Hershey's Kiss and the stick the Hershey Kiss onto the flat side of a Nutter Butter Cookie. The melted chocolate is acting as your glue. You don't need a lot, just enough to make the kiss stick to the cookie. Let cookies set for a few minutes, allowing chocolate to harden.
3. Turn over the cookie and use the same chocolate "gluing" method to attach a Mini Chocolate Morsel to the top of the textured side of your Nutter Butter Cookie. Again, only a small amount of melted chocolate is needed to glue your mini morsel onto the cookie. Allow the chocolate to harden for a few minutes.
4. Place Acorn Cookies in a festive bowl, serve, and enjoy!