In the past, St. Patrick's Day hasn't received much decorating attention in our house. I am usually recovering from Valentine's Day and gearing up for Easter, which leaves little time and energy for much in between. Well, I decided to step it up this year. With the help of a few St. Patrick's Day printables and this Lucky St. Patrick's Day Garland that I recently made, our house is looking a little more green and a little less "in between" this year.
This Lucky St. Patrick's Day Garland is simple to make, very inexpensive (you probably already have everything that you need), and will add a fun touch to your St. Patrick's Day decor. Here's what you need to get started:
- Green card stock or construction paper (I used two different shades of green)
- Scissors or a paper cutter
- A glue gun (or a stapler)
- A hole punch
- Step 1: Begin by cutting your green card stock into 1" x 6" strips. You will need four strips for each clover that you wish to make. I made 8 clovers for my garland.
- Step 2: Fold each strip in half.
- Step 3: Bring each end of the strip in to make a heart shape. Glue (or staple) the ends together.
Repeat the above steps with each strip of paper. Group four hearts together to form a clover and glue (or staple) together.
Once all of your clovers are completed, use a hole punch to make holes for stringing your garland. String clovers, hang your LUCKY garland, and enjoy!